Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In My Dreams, I Vent

In my dreams I write,with this ink I apply,
I write, so I there by, release my thoughts and try, to reach for the stars but I keep forgetting that like any other,i cant fly,
I am like the Hessian fly that damaged the Shepherds pie when people turned a blind eye,
And I cant understand why people celebrate dates like 1st of June and Fourth of July when were all colonized by our conflicting ideologies.
I wish I could pick Icarus's wings and glide past human hatred to a new time dimension,
Where if its peace I mention,i get nods and not this unease and tensions,
And the Chinese mentioned,
Its better to light a candle than curse the darkness,
But witty sayings prove nothing,
If only drugs instead of blood flow your stream,
Veins the size of ropes show your dreams,
Heart beating slow you seem, to pass out,yet you claim your sober,
Please brother I dont need any Kenyan newspaper to check your pulse,

These dreams haunt me,
I dream negatively, in my dreams,i sail beneath the dark
streets of Gotham, my safety lying on
the back of a bat. Sheding burning tears
of a world in a mist of devastation,
where the only hope to a new revolution
is losing brothers and sisters to
stampedes and stray bullets in mass
action protests, we protest to protect
our rights only when we feel right and
so, we get pinned like flyers on boards,
but i chose to smile because the joker in
these dark nights urges me to smile, to
keep smiling.comes to me in revelations
asking, ''WHY SO SERIOUS?'' for only the
ones with humility smile at dire
times,when
guns,thuggery,corruption,insanity and
higher crimes,inspire rhymes,entire
rhymes that touch our heart and soul,
Yet you speak to me of a revolution
when our struggle doesnt even touch
your heart and soul,when your heart
and sole purpose of leading us is
power?well, mr.politician, the
hour of change to wipe you out of that
tower has come,the skies are finally
gathering in unison upon you and we expect them
to shower drops of burning fluids to
wash all the
blood,filth,corruption, lies,infedility,cruelty,deception
and all the vices from your skin...
In my dreams I vent, in pain.
Pain feels,what pain fills in us,pain heals
what pain seals in us,
pain steals,what pain drills in us,
pain deals with what pain feels,and
thus,
pain is us!

Alas!the brittle glass cuts through soils and spoils of war,
Body recoils and toils in low,
Hums and measured breaths,i dream-
My pen bleeding on this empty desperate
page,
like my veins were slit for it,
my tongue vibrating on this empty
desperate stage,
creating this mental invincible
connection with it, so....
I pray not to wake up...lets dream.
But in my dreams, I vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment